Sunday, December 2, 2012

Renovation - Week 7

Woohoo! Construction has really started!

They've been getting ready to pour the floor for Christine's craft room and the patio. The original plan was to pour on Friday, but we got a cold snap, so they've decided to hold off to Tuesday when its supposed to be warmer.

Inside the house they've been framing. The new beam for the main room is built and is roughly in place. They've also closed in the holes where the old stairs used to be, and around the opening for the new stairs.

The best bit is that the new floor for the kitchen and dining room is done. I must say that I'm impressed with the framer. I was expecting the floor to be made from 2x8 lumber on 16" centers (that's what the current house has) and wouldn't have been surpised to find 2x8s on 24" centers. When I looked under the floor, I had to get the tape measure to confirm what my eyes were telling me - the floor is made from 2x12 lumber on 12" centers! This is going to be one very solid floor.

No comments: