Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Renovation - Week 20

Visible progress again this week. First the vapour barrier went up for the attic. It's amazing how much warmer a thin piece of plastic can make a house. After that, the spray foamers came in and insulated the walls and floors - with the temperature warming up outside, the house is almost cozy.

Of course, where would we be without drama? As I started to lay the plywood into the addition, the 6th screw I drove didn't bite into anything. Thinking I missed the joist, I backed the screw out. Now I'm hearing hissing air - that's not a good sound. They had pressure tested the water and radiant heat system earlier in the week so, given where the screw went in, I likely punctured a tube for the radiant heat. The builder doesn't seem too concerned and, as he said, at least the pipes were full of pressurized air and not water. All I know is that now I really want to get the plywood down before they hook up the water!

No comments: